Understanding Korea 2020 Essays Contest
We are pleased to announce the Understanding Korea 2020 Contest Call for Essays. Please note the following guidelines. The Center for International Affair at AKS is the home of the Understanding Korea Project, which seeks to correct inaccurate information on and improve contents about Korea in International textbooks.
1. Essay Themes
※ Understanding Korea materials published by AKS can be requested for the purpose of this contest. Available at the site below.
(Website: http://www.ikorea.ac.kr/english/ → Understanding Korea materials, Publications)
2. Eligibility : Any person except Koreans living in the Korea
3. Submission : Fill out the application form and submit by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
○ Language: Korean or English
○ Essay Length: About 3 pages in A4 format
※ Download the application form from information bulletins on the Academy of Korean Studies website or Center for International Affairs website and submit (only the official form will be accepted). - Website: http://intl.aks.ac.kr/english/, http://www.ikorea.ac.kr/english/
※ Submitted essays will not be returned, and CEFIA will obtain the copyright.
※Applications can be submitted using either Theme 1, Theme 2, or both.
※ Taxes related to the acceptance of and use of the prize are the winners’ responsibility.
※ All applicants will receive a souvenir (First 100 applicants only)
5. Application Period : June 1 - July 31, 2020
※ Submissions after the deadline will not be accepted.
6. Announcement of winners : September 25, 2020
※ The result of the contest will be posted on the Center's website and all winners will be notified individually.
7. Contact : The Center for International Affairs of the Academy of Korean Studies
○ E-mail: email@example.com
※ All inquiries about the contest must be made by e-mail.