2017 THE KOREAN HONOR SCHOLARSHIP
The Korean Honor Scholarship
The Korean Honor Scholarship Committee extends an invitation to Korean and Korean-Canadian undergraduate and graduate students to compete for the year 2017 Korean Honor Scholarship.
1. Allocation of Awards 5 scholarships will be awarded to Canadian students this year.
2. Amount of Scholarship: $1,000 per student (1 Year) ○ Highest Honor Scholarship - $ 2,500 (2 student or so) ○ Honor Scholarship - $1,000 (38* students or so) ○ Best Essay Award - $ 500 in addition to Honor Scholarship(2~4 students) * included Canadian students
3. Important Dates for Year 2017 Competition ○ Application period: April 11, 2017 ~ June 16, 2017 ○ First round evaluation at regional consular offices: June 19, 2017 ~ June 23, 2017 ○ Final round evaluation by Central Selection Committee: July 3, 2017 ~ July 7, 2017 ○ Scholarship Award presentation: September 18, 2017 ~ September 22, 2017
(1) At the time of application, an applicant must be a full time 4-year university or graduate student who has achieved a grade point average of 3.5 or higher(For music and art students, the GPA must be 3.0 or higher) in the previous one academic year(fall, 2016 ~ spring, 2017) ※ The GPA should be on a 4.0 basis (Pass or Fail is not acceptable). (2) Any students whose parents are Korean (either one or both) or any legally adopted Korean-Canadian students are welcome to apply. (3) Scholarship will not be awarded more than once per each student. Please do not apply if you were already awarded the scholarship before.
5. Selection Process □ Scholarship for General students (CC, CG, KC, KG) and handicapped students (HS) ○ Submit applications to the regional consular office near your university. ※ Applicants from Ottawa must submit the applications directly to the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Ottawa, Ontario. : First round evaluation at regional consular offices → Final evaluation by the Central Selection Committee at the Korean Embassy in Ottawa → Approval by the Korean Honor Scholarship (KHS) Committee Chairman at the Korean Embassy in Ottawa → Selection finalized
□ Scholarships for students in Arts programs ○ Submit applications directly to the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Ottawa, Ontario. : Evaluation by the Central Selection Committee at the Korean Embassy in Ottawa → Approval by the Korean Honor Scholarship Committee Chairman at the Korean Embassy in Ottawa → Selection finalized
□ Best Honor Scholarship and Best Essay Award ○ The Central Selection Committee at the Korean Embassy in Ottawa recommends the candidates among the applicants. : Approval by the Korean Honor Scholarship Committee Chairman at the Korean Embassy in Washington, D.C. → Selection finalized
6. Inquries Korean Education Centre in Canada at the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Toronto Phone: 416-920-3809 ext. 242 Email: email@example.com