EPIK(English Program In Korea)
The Korean Ministry of Education invites qualified candidates to apply for the English instructor positions at primary and secondary schools throughout Korea.
The EPIK, English Program In Korea, is a government sponsored program that qualified native speakers of English are always welcome to apply.
This serves as an excellent opportunity for both beginning and veteran teachers alike to build a professional teaching career while sharing knowledge and culture with students and teachers of the Republic of Korea.
Applicants must :
• Be a citizen from a country where the primary language is English.
• Have received a Bachelor's degree in any discipline.
• Be mentally and physically healthy.
• Have a good command of the English language.
• Have the ability and willingness to adapt to Korean culture and living.
CONTRACT PERIOD : One year (2013.8.26~2014.3.25/2013.9.26~2014.9.25/2013.10.26~2014.10.25)
• 8 hours per day, 5 days per week
※ Actual class instruction hours shall not exceed 22 hours per week.
SALARY & BENEFITS
• Salaries range from 1.8 to 2.7 million won per month
• Free single furnished housing (utilities not included)
• Entrance allowance (1.3 mill Won) & Settlement allowance (300,000 Won)
• Exit allowance (1.3 mill Won)
• Severance pay (about 1 month's salary)
• National Health Insurance (50%)
• Paid vacation for 18 working days
• Free orientation
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 20th, 2013
HOW TO APPLY
• Visit www.epik.go.kr
• Download the EPIK application form
• Submit the application along with other required documents to Korean Education Centre.
(555 Avenue Road, Toronto, ON M4V 2J7)
• A completed application form
• A copy of diploma (notarized by the Korean Consulate General. Inquiries: 416-920-3809x230)
• A sealed original transcript
• Two recommendation letters
* Referee's name, title, mailing address, telephone number, email address and relation with the applicant should be indicated on it.
• A criminal record check (notarized by the Korean Consulate General. Inquiries: 416-920-3809x230)
• A copy of passport photo page
• Others (Optional; Refer to epik.go.kr)
Korean Education Center
555 Avenue Road Toronto ON M4V 2J7
(Tel) 416-920-3809 (Ext. 242)
For further information, please visit http://epik.go.kr